The era of cross-platform is here!
Flutter and PWA (Progressive Web App) both are winning the hearts of the cross-platform framework developers and confusing people with their similarity.
Both are intended to build cross-platform apps and also promises to deliver the native mobile app experience.
In this article, we will discuss what are PWA and Flutter along with their features and will come to a conclusion by comparing which one is the best for your eLearning business.
PWA (Progressive Web Apps)
Features Of PWA
- PWA improves website discoverability by using the web app manifest and provides information like- name, icon, etc. in a JSON-format.
- Progressive web apps allow you to download and share web apps and websites via a simple URL.
- PWA enhances user experience with faster interactions and a smooth browsing experience.
Created and released by Google in 2017, Flutter is an open-source mobile application development framework that is used for creating high-performance mobile applications for Android & iOS platforms. Flutter is more than a comprehensive SDK (software development kit) than a framework because it comes with everything that you need to build the cross-platform application with the help of a single codebase line.
Features Of Flutter
- Flutter helps in cross-platform development and reduces the development time while building native apps.
- It is used for building high-performance apps for both iOS and Android and provides 60 fps or 120 fps performance on devices.
- Flutter helps you in building beautiful and expressive user interfaces with ready-made custom widgets.
- Flutter with Dart Analyzer and Observatory helps in finding errors and comes with automated testing toolset.
Comparison Between PWA And Flutter
|PWAs take less development time because of their single codebase lines for the different platform versions.||Futter takes more development time when compared to PWAs due to various testing, reloading, and dart analyzer.|
Installation And Download
|PWAs require no installation and downloading. It can be simply added to the home screen as a shortcut.||Like other native apps, Apps built using the flutter framework requires downloading and installation.|
|PWAs are free from the app stores. Thus, Automated updates are delivered to all the users.||Like other native apps, updates are not automatically delivered to the users. Users have to download the update from the app store.|
Which One Is Best: PWA Or Flutter
Progressive web apps for eLearning give you the opportunity to target a wide range of desktop and mobile users while Flutter-built apps can be only accessed on limited devices. PWAs have URLs, they can be indexed in Google to provide a good SEO score and greater visibility.
Flutter has a relatively high app size due to inbuilt widgets that require devices with great hardware features to access while PWAs are lightweight that allows instant loading of the web and its contents.
If you need a fast-performing website as well as a native application at an affordable budget to serve users cross-platform then PWAs should be your choice. Progressive web apps provide a seamless user experience while improving the overall experience of your existing website.
Still, confused about building your eLearning business website and App via PWA or Flutter? Contact us to get answers to all your questions.